Health Care Litigation
Our health care lawyers handle litigation, investigations and arbitration throughout the country in virtually all areas, including:
- Disputes regarding claims adjudication policies and practices and claims payment
- Disputes regarding pharmacy claims submissions requirements, coverage determination and claims payments
- Disputes between beneficiaries and providers related to coverage determinations
- Disputes relating to pharmaceutical drug pricing and drug promotion
- Disputes relating to claims payment administration and repricing of claims of commercial health plans
- Disputes with regulatory authorities regarding compliance with statutory and administrative requirements
- Disputes regarding anti-kickback violations and other federal/state regulation deficiencies
- Disputes relating to the development and production of medical devices
- Misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition
Nursing Home Litigation
Loved ones are placed in assisted-living facilities with the expectation that they will be well cared for by a professional and qualified staff that follow strict codes of conduct. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. There are times nursing home residents are neglected and subject to physical and mental abuse by the same staff entrusted with their well being and care. Other times nursing home residents are neglected due to short staffing.
Victims of nursing home abuse may not admit, or be able to admit, being abused for fear of retaliation or physical inability to do so. As such, family members should look for revealing signs of neglect. Some of the physical manifestations of neglect are easy to identify, however, mental abuse is harder to identify. If you suspect a loved one has been a victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, we encourage you to contact us.